Small lithium batteries found in toys and remote controls pose a huge danger to children. Amy Heinzen with the National Safety Council says most parents are unaware of the risk lurking in every home. If swallowed by a child, the coin-sized batteries react with saliva and can quickly cause major internal injuries. Nearly two-thirds of the parents taking part in a survey conducted by Energizer said they didn't know about the serious risk.

The National Safety Council has posted more information on keeping kids safe at nsc.org.