Sometimes even when you’ve had a healthy breakfast and a full seven hours of sleep, your energy is still zapped. If you’ve had a long week and today all you want to do is nap, try these quick fixes to get your energy back up.
- Scrub off the slump in the shower - Use this time to wake up with an energizing coffee scrub. You’ll get out cleaner, more refreshed, and exfoliated.
- Move your plants closer to your workspace - Plants help clean our air and filter out toxins, so having a few near your desk could help you fight fatigue. Plus, the greenery will liven up your boring office.
- Swipe some lemon behind your ears - Not the wedge that you’d squeeze into a drink, but a lemon essential oil can help give you a pick-me-up when you’re feeling less than perky. Lemon is a stimulating scent and it’s a proven mood booster, too.
- Do some light research for your next vacation - It’s easy to run out of steam when you’re stuck doing some boring work thing, so distract yourself with a little change of scenery for a few minutes courtesy of Google. Check out a place you’d like to visit or look up fun activities to do on an upcoming trip and you’re bound to feel more energized.
- Stretch out in downward dog - Yoga gets your blood flowing and research shows it could help fight anxiety and depression as well. So find a quiet spot and do a little stretching to channel some energy while you alleviate stress at the same time.