Eyelash extensions are a big trend in the beauty world right now, but not every salon or spa who offers the service knows what they’re doing. A woman learned that the hard way recently when she went to get lash extensions and left with her eyes sealed shut because the salon used super glue to apply them.
According to the owner of Fara Beauty Salon in Thailand, a client came in with her eyes glued shut after her lash extension were put on with super glue. Thankfully, they were able to help her out. A video shared to Facebook shows their technician’s removal process, which is pretty horrible, too. She applies an oil to break down the glue and then picks off each individual lash. So instead of leaving the customer with long, lush eyelashes, she ended up with inflamed eyes and stumpy lashes.
So let’s point out the obvious first - super glue and lash extensions don’t mix. There’s a medical-grade adhesive that should be used on your lashes and they should only be attached to the natural lash, not to the skin, according to Clementina Richardson, celeb lash expert and founder of Envious Lashes.
And even though lash extensions can be pricey, this isn’t the place you want to cheap out, as tempting as it might be. Safety is important - these are your eyes! So let this be a lesson to us all. Do your homework and see a licensed technician at a reputable salon for eyelash extensions because we can’t handle another horror story like this.
Source: Hello Giggles